Saturday, March 9, 2013

Job searching.

Job searching is rough, y'all.

As I get closer and closer to graduation, I am getting more ad more serious about my job search. I LOVE taking care of Penelope, and I have really enjoyed the year and a half I have spent with her. However, I feel like I'm ready to move on.

I'm getting to the point in my life where I really care about things like a 401(k), and health coverage. Maybe that means I'm getting old. Who knows.

I've applied for a number of different jobs, and unfortunately, have yet to land a job. It's begging to get a little frustrating, because I am an impatient person. I know there are people who search for years and years, and I'm already tearing my hair out after mere weeks.

Now what? I have anxiety, and one of the things that helps me stay calm, is to make lists and have a plan.  I need to be patient. I need to have faith that everything will work out exactly how it is meant to. I have to remind myself constantly that I don't have to have everything figured out right now. It is something I am constantly learning and re-learning. Every time I think I'm just at the end of my patience, and I can't do it anymore, it suddenly works out.

I recently put a henna design on my arm. It is a symbol that in Chinese means peace, and in Japanese, means harmony. It is on my forearm, so I see it multiple times a day. It helps me to remind myself to find my inner peace, and harmony, and everything will be well in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share the love! :)