Saturday, February 2, 2013

I really can cook. . . .

I've been house-sitting for some neighbors for the last two weeks. Being here has been marvelous, but aside from the obvious perks, it has given me some insights about myself.

The house I am staying in is absolutely beautiful. It is well designed and decorated, and I love spending time here. They have a marvelous home gym, a legit home theater, and a beautiful, well-equipped kitchen. I also love that I get to snuggle with my neighbor's adorable dog. :)

While I've been here, one of my good friends has come over nearly every evening to work on homework, watch movies in the theater, and have dinner. I have cooked full meals for us at least 5 times in the last two weeks.

Typically, I don't cook. I usually come home from work and eat something quick and easy. I'm a big fan of heating up a can of soup, eating a bowl of cereal, or making a quesadilla. These last two weeks, I have really enjoyed cooking actual meals. I realized I really do have the skills to cook if I choose to.

One night, I made garlic-herb salmon with lemon basil rice and a lemon butter sauce. Another night, I made Asian fried rice with chicken and eggs. I made baked tilapia, white cheddar pasta, omelets, and other dishes. All of them turned out to be quite fantastic. It was comforting to realize that I haven't completely lost all my cooking skills. :)

So now what? What am I gonna do with this knowledge? I'm going to cook more. Not only is it much, much healthier, I really did enjoy cooking, and I want to continue to cook on a regular basis. I don't mind cooking for myself, but I'd rather cook for someone else! If anybody wants a delicious home-cooked meal, just let me know!

(You can do the dishes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share the love! :)